How to scale up your business?
1. Start with your goal: knowing exactly what you want to achieve, by when and having a clear sense of the most ideal situation that you want to be in, is one of the most important starting points. Once you have your goal defined then you can move on and start putting together the different how-tos whereby that can be achieved. I encourage you to think about how does your ideal day look like? What are the things that you own in the ideal world? How many people are you helping on a daily basis if things were ideal? What influence and impact do you want to have on the community in your city country or on this planet?
2. Know the exact status that your business is in: One of the key factors to understand is that your actions should be based on the condition or stage that your business is in. If you are just starting out in business, then the steps that you would take a totally different than if you have been in business for a couple of years and running successfully. However, if you have been in business for a number of years but have not achieved any tangible results you may have to be bold and confront to start at a level that a Beginner does. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and in fact, this is the only way you can actually progress.
3. Know your audience: your results in business are dependent on how well you know your audience, how well you can interact and offer solutions to your target market. For example, at some specific intervals, you may have to do surveys to find what their needs and wants are so you can provide a targeted solution. If you are asking the wrong group of people, the results that you might get could actually cause a lot of confusion or even take you in the wrong direction.
4. Staff questions: As you grow, your staff also grows. Hiring the right people at the right time is an art and a different topic by itself. If you find your business that you are getting a lot of queries from your staff, there might be some foundational mistakes that need to be corrected immediately. This may involve observing the queries that are coming from the staff and also looking at the mistakes happening that deters clients. For example, look at your policies and procedures. If you don’t have policies and procedures very well-defined, known to staff and diligently implemented, you will run into a lot of ongoing questioning by your staff. Also, you might find that the flow is not as consistent as you would like as the individual staff member is making their own decisions instead of providing standardized answers and solutions. This not only gives you sub-optimal results but it also develops unnecessary communications, delays, and underachievement’s.
5. Closely watching your numbers: The single most important activity that will give you the maximum result is actually to maintain proper statistics. As the owner/CEO/employee/contractor in any company, you need to know how you are trending. The fact of the matter is that if you are able to keep your stats up then your position in the company is almost irreplaceable. All the fear of getting fired, business is not working, income not sufficient could all be attributed to statistics not being documented, maintained and acted upon.
Your business will grow in the direct ratio of how much you apply from the list above. Sometimes, it may seem too simple and almost too easy to do; but believe it or not that might be the only thing that your business needs to excel.
Please contact me for more information on how you can get all these factors implemented in your business in less than 30 days! We do it by using our organizational skills, planning, execution, delegation and our high-performance consultants working with you.